Queen Anne home burglarized, three teens arrested

Posted on September 30th, 2010 by master

This just in from the SPD Blotter:

On September 30th, at approximately 10:30 AM, officers responded to a 911 call of a burglary in progress in the 2500 Block of 5th Avenue West.  The complainant stated that three juvenile males had entered the neighbor’s house through the garage.  The complainant remained on the phone with the dispatchers while officers responded to the area.  Officers set up containment around the house and arrested the three juvenile suspects without incident as they came out of the house.  West Burglary detectives also responded to the scene.   The complainant did a great job in keeping an eye on the suspects and guiding the officers to the correct house without knowing the exact address.  The two 16 year olds and the 17 year old were later booked into the Youth Services Center.

0 responses to “Queen Anne home burglarized, three teens arrested”

1. Interested Party says:

With the planned Dexter Ave low-income housing that would serve as a half-way house, these types of incidents could very well become a part of Queen Anne life in the future.

2. Interested Party says:

3. TaxChurches says:

Interested party, I have to agree with your comment re low income housing. It’s pretty scary walking past the low income housing downtown. Sad that this will now come to Queen Anne.

4. TaxChurches says:

5. chip says:

it’s really nice that a concerned neighbor did so much to help.

6. chip says:

it’s really nice that a concerned neighbor did so much to help.

7. rodstewart says:

@ Interested, TaxChurches

There’s already public housing developments in upper and lower Queen Anne, and they have existing peacefully here in the neighborhood for years.

What? You don’t know where these developments are?

I believe I’ve made my case.

Further, this connection that you are making with a trio of juvenile delinquents and the undesirables that you expect to be living at the CCS development is certainly a real whopper that amounts to nothing more than a red herring to divert attention from real issues.

You know, the declining stock of affordable housing available to low income earners of all stripes.

But who are we kidding? The broad brush strokes you paint with don’t accommodate nuance, so they must surely all be criminals.

8. rodstewart says:

@ Interested, TaxChurches

What? You don’t know where these developments are?

I believe I’ve made my case.

9. Mike says:

Lol yeah I’m sure these teens were from the low income housing that hasn’t been put in yet. I’d put money on these teens being rich kids who are bored and want to be gangsters or who have a nice expensive drug habit that there allowance doesn’t cover. Seriously, get used to more of this with low income housing! That’s one of the most stupid jumps in logic I’ve seen posted on this board. TEENAGERS ROB HOUSE IN YUPPIE NEIGHBORHOOD=LOW INCOME HOUSING STARTS CRIME WAVE IN YUPPIE NEIGHBORHOOD. You sir should go into politics… And that is not a compliment.

I heard they’re opening up a new pho restaurant. Expect more of that! Pretty soon the only thing to eat will be pho! They’re gonna close all the other restaurants and grocery stores and replace them with pho! Just watch!

10. Mike says:

11. Hank Clay says:

I agree with Mike. Pretty soon all restaurants will be pho restaurants.

I saw a recent episidode of Star Trek: The Next Generation that really made me think about the low-income housing situation on QA. What a great series that was!

“Engage.”

12. Hank Clay says:

I agree with Mike. Pretty soon all restaurants will be pho restaurants.

“Engage.”

13. Jo-Ann Christen says:

Neighbors watching for neighbors is the key to preventing crime. Let’s keep the Watch Blocks active. Why were’nt these young men in school? Do parents know when their children are absent from school? When schools take attendance are parents notified immediately re absenteeism? Perhaps follow thru on school attendance would be helpful to everyone. Jo-Ann

14. Jo-Ann Christen says: