Holiday Magic comes to Upper Queen Anne Friday
Posted on November 29th, 2010 by master
Update 12/2 4 p.m.: As Friday inches closer, new Queen Anne merchants have joined the long list of those participating in the Holiday Magic celebration. Check it out below.
Upper Queen Anne’s annual Holiday Magic festival is coming up this Friday, December 3 from 3 to 9 p.m. on Queen Anne Ave N, from McGraw to Galer.
The celebration, put on by the Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce, will be chock-full of holiday fun, including discounts at local businesses up and down Queen Anne Ave, snacks, songs courtesy of the John Hay Chorus (from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. starting at HomeStreet Bank), a visit from Santa Claus (at HomeStreet Bank), art projects for kids, a firetruck from Station 8, prize drawings, chair massages, the annual tree lighting at Bethany Presbyterian Church at 6 p.m., and more.
According to the chamber’s marketing director Mary Chapman, the the merchants along Queen Anne Ave pay out of pocket to cover the costs of the festive street tree lighting—all the more reason to invest in LED lights for the trees along the street.
“Yes, we are going green, using less electricity and we have an agreement with Artist Touch Landscaping to do our lights for the next 5 years,” she says. “They store the lights and put them up the following year. Previously cheap electric bulb strings were bought, cut down and thrown away each year.”
We’re still waiting to hear what particular festivities will be in store at participating merchants. We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.
Can’t make it to Holiday Magic? Celebrate the holidays in Lower Queen Anne on Friday, December 10 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Roast Toasty Holiday Event in Counterbalance Park.
Update 9:30 p.m.: Check out the list of participating merchants, and the holiday festivities they’ll be hosting:
- HomeStreet Bank: Free photos with Santa from 4 to 7 p.m., plus holiday treats
- Twirl Cafe: Cookie decorating and a “Lyle the Crocodile” activity based on the Seattle Children’s Theatre production at Twirl Cafe (with paid admission)
- Queen Anne Baptist Church: Free crafts and snacks at Queen Anne Baptist church from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Bethany Presbyterian Church: Tree lighting at 6 p.m., followed by crafts and snacks in the main hall
- Chocolopolis: Cheese, crackers & chocolate along with samples of drinking chocolate and raffles to visit the Chocolate Surplus Room
- Queen Anne Dispatch: Elves with treats and discounts
- Once Upon A Time: Christmas carols and snacks
- Metropolitan Market: Delicious treats for all
- Eat Local: Tasty holiday treats
- My Dressing Room Consignment: 10% off all holiday jewelry, gift with purchase and book signing
- Robert Samuel Salon: 25% off all Aveda products, wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Smiles by Smita Orthodontics: Complimentary treats and a kids’ art project
- Video Isle: A free drawing for video rentals
- Communique: A free drawing for a nutcracker of your choice
- Starbucks: Warm drinks and an art activity for children
- Wink Cupcakes: Children can decorate a free holiday cookie
- Paragon: Happy hour specials
- Emerald City Smoothie: Free smoothies
- Queen Anne Books: Discounts all day, author signing, holiday treats
- Sully’s: Happy hour specials
- Emmer & Rye Restaurant: Happy hour specials
- Betty Restaurant: Happy hour specials
- Homegrown (new shop at corner of QA Ave. and Boston St.): Treats and coloring activity for kids all day
- Queen Anne Books: Discounts all day, author signing, treats
- Queen Anne Frame: Refreshments, open house featuring stocking stuffers, fun jewelry, unique ornaments, photo frames & delightful gifts
- Skookum Clothing: Queen Anne jewelry artist, Joanna Morgan, will offer a trunk show from 4 – 8pm with refreshments
- Blue Highway Games: Roll a dice and get 1-20% off purchase
- Key Bank on Upper Queen Anne: Free hot chocolate and candy canes
- Prorobics: Cookies, candy canes, hot cocoa, and hot apple cider
- Five Spot Cafe: Free hot cider or hot chocolate and coffee cake
- Zaw Pizza: For every $50 in gift cards you buy, receive an additional $10 gift card for free. Free samples of their handmade chocolate chip and double chocolate cookies
- Mimisan & Laurie Swanson Massage: Free 5 min. chair massages at Mimisan from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Enza’s Restaurant: Complimentary glass of wine with purchase of a dinner entree
- Portage Restaurant: Spiked hot cider for only $3
- Tenoch Mexican Grill: Happy hour specials
- Four Winds: 15% off total purchase, including great gifts and stocking stuffers
- Marquise Fine Jewelry: Complimentary wine and treats – come see their selection of beautiful jewelry
- Queen Anne Real Estate: Create a snowflake to put in the window with your $1 donation to the Queen Anne Helpline
- Vitality Medispa and Wellness Center: Offering $99 hydrafacials and peels