Menchie’s frozen yogurt, one week and counting

Posted on November 30th, 2010 by master

Update 12/1 2:30 p.m.: “We are shooting to open up on Saturday,” says Menchie’s representative Elizabeth Garner.

We first told you that frozen yogurt chain Menchie’s would be moving into the corner spot of the Sweetbrier building, at Queen Anne Ave N and W Crockett St, back in September.

Well I have good news for all you frozen yogurt fans out there—according to Menchie’s representative Elizabeth Garner, the new cool sweet spot is less than a week out. The shop will be “opening within the next week (if everything goes as planned),” Garner says.

California-based Menchie’s has locations all over the U.S. and Canada, including two in Washington—in Federal Way and Vancouver. The Queen Anne store will be the first location in the Seattle area.

Menchie’s offers a rotating selection of frozen yogurts and toppings, from classic sprinkles, to local fruits. Read more about the frozen yogurt shop in our past coverage.

We’re waiting to hear back on exactly what day the store is planning to open, and will keep you posted.

0 responses to “Menchie’s frozen yogurt, one week and counting”

1. Concerned Citizen says:

A frozen yogurt chain from California that looks like a Hello Kitty store? That should be popular…

2. Concerned Citizen says:

3. Jen says:

As a pregnant woman who knows the pure bliss that is Menchie’s, I am sooooooo stoked for this place to open. I was stalking the storefront last weekend and can’t wait for the opening!

4. Jen says:

5. Brian says:

Can’t wait, Menchie’s is so good

6. Brian says:

Can’t wait, Menchie’s is so good

7. MsFrench says:

I’ve been to Menchies in California and yes, it does somewhat resemble a Hello Kitty store (bright pink and green, kinda like Jamba Juice) but the frozen yogurt is REALLY good and there are dozens of delicious toppings. So who cares what color they paint their walls? Maybe we need another coffee shop instead?? Welcome Menchies!!

8. MsFrench says:

9. Kate says:

I LOVE me some MENCHIE’S! It’s the best froyo around!!

10. Kate says:

I LOVE me some MENCHIE’S! It’s the best froyo around!!

11. b says:

I went to Menchie’s in Hawaii and it is the best! So excited they are opening soon!

12. b says: