Metro changes for Queen Anne riders begin Feb. 5
Posted on January 31st, 2011 by master
Starting Saturday, February 5, Metro will make routing and bus stop changes for approximately two dozen bus routes serving downtown Seattle due to the long-term construction in downtown Seattle and SODO. Some of these changes will affect bus routes in the Queen Anne area.
While all the schedule and route revisions are listed here, an easy way to figure out how these changes might affect you is by using Metro’s Trip Planner. Enter a travel date of February 5 or later to find the updated service.
Here are the highlights of the February changes for bus riders in the Queen Anne area:
- Route 16: The northbound Route 16 and 66 trips to Northgate will leave from new bus stops at the downtown Seattle ferry terminal. Route 16 will leave from the bus stop south of Marion St and Route 66 from the bus stop south of Madison St.; The route will serve the blue/green northbound bus stops on 3rd Ave north of Pine St and south of James, Madison and Union streets.
- Route 18: On weekdays, the southbound Route 18 trip to downtown Seattle will leave three minutes later; Route 18 will move to 3rd Ave between Broad St and Edgar Martinez Dr S. The route will serve the yellow/red northbound bus stops on Prefontaine Pl S south of Yesler Way and on 3rd Ave north of Pike St and south of Columbia and Seneca streets.
- Route 19: On weekdays, the northbound trip to W Magnolia from S Jackson St & 4th Ave S at 6:04 p.m. have been deleted.
- Route 24: The northbound trip to W Magnolia from 4th Ave & University St at 1 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, and the southbound trip to downtown Seattle from Magnolia Blvd W & W Emerson St at 11:57 p.m. Saturday and 11:58 p.m. Sunday have been deleted.
- Route 26: Route 26 to East Green Lake will serve the blue/green northbound bus stops on 3rd Ave north of Pine St and south of James, Madison and Union streets.
- Route 28: Route 28 to Broadview will serve the blue/green northbound bus stops on 3rd Ave north of Pine St and south of James, Madison and Union streets.
- Route 45: The southbound trip to Queen Anne from Brooklyn Ave NE & NE 50th St at 3:24 p.m. Also, the 4:04, 4:26 and 5:17 p.m. trips to Queen Anne will be revised to leave at 3:59, 4:39 and 5:19 p.m. have been deleted.
- Route 81: Route 81 Night Owl will move to 3rd Ave between Broad St and Pike St; it will continue to operate on 2nd Ave south of Union St.
You can find out more information about the construction and bus route changes here. For information about all the services Metro provides, visit Metro Online or call Metro Customer Information at (206) 553-3000.