Flames engulf lower Queen Anne home

Posted on September 15th, 2011 by Laura Fonda

Flames were shooting out the roof of a house when firefighters arrived on the scene of a house fire in lower Queen Anne this morning. Firefighters were called to the fire at 6:15 a.m. near 500 W. Republican Street.

Photo courtesy King5.com
The call came in at about 6:15 a.m. and more than a dozen units were dispatched. According to the SeattlePI.com, two people lived in the house but they weren’t home at the time. A Fire Department spokesman tells the online news site that the fire started as a brush fire and moved up to the building. No word on what started the fire.

0 responses to “Flames engulf lower Queen Anne home”

1. Sara says:

Cat is still missing from the house.
    Her name is Rooster.
    She is a long hair brown and black tabby, big green eyes.
    If you spot her, please call 206.380.8184.
    Thank you.

2. Sara says:

Cat is still missing from the house.
    Her name is Rooster.
    She is a long hair brown and black tabby, big green eyes.
    If you spot her, please call 206.380.8184.
    Thank you.

3. MSB says:

Hi there,

I live next store and talked to the owners. I have left food and water on their back deck and also up on 5th Ave N where I thought I spotted her. I am checking both locations as much as possible and keeping my feelers out there.

4. MSB says:

Hi there,

5. Ren says:

I’m so sorry this happened – I live in the condos next door and saw it all go down 🙁

Some tips to help find the lost kitty – I have two and would be so sad 🙁

*Place strong-scented articles outside your home to attract your pet. Animals find their way by scent as well as sound.

*Place some of your dirty clothes outdoors. Sweaty gym socks and jogging suits are great for this.

*Place a cat’s litterbox, bedding, and favorite toys outside.

Put out some smelly food such as tuna, sardines, or warm, freshly cooked chicken, liver, or other savory meat. Be sure to protect the food if you can, so that other animals don’t eat it!

Best of luck!

6. Ren says:

Some tips to help find the lost kitty – I have two and would be so sad 🙁

*Place a cat’s litterbox, bedding, and favorite toys outside.

Best of luck!