Ototo Sushi next to go?

Posted on December 26th, 2011 by Laura Fonda

In a potential double dose of bad news following Friday’s report that The Teacup is closing, next-door neighbor Ototo Sushi, at 7 W. Boston St., may be shuttering its doors as well.
A reader, and regular customer at Ototo was speaking with the owner on Saturday and learned that the business may close because an agreement on a lease cannot be reached. The reader reports that the owner may relocate the restaurant.
The View will find out the facts as soon as possible.
And yes, as reported on Friday, The Teacup, owned by Elisabeth Knottingham, is closing at the end of the year. Knottingham. She too could not agree on lease terms with the landlord. Knottingham will keep the website operational and use it to continue selling tea online as she has for the 10 years she has owned the business.

0 responses to “Ototo Sushi next to go?”

1. QA Hill says:

Sounds like the landlord (hopefully) has big plans for that building. Thanks for being on top of the news of Ototo!

2. QA Hill says:

3. Beverly says:

This is terrible. I really enjoyed the Teacup, it will be huge loss for Queen Anne.

4. Beverly says:

5. Molly N says:

Oh no! That’s horrible news! I love Ototo Sushi. I would hate to see it leave.

6. Molly N says:

Oh no! That’s horrible news! I love Ototo Sushi. I would hate to see it leave.

7. vanderleun says:

One can only hope the landlord takes a gigantic losing bath.

8. vanderleun says:

One can only hope the landlord takes a gigantic losing bath.

9. QA Hill says:

I could be making this up, but I think I heard once that the people who own the Teacup/Ototo building also own the La Luna/Chinoise/Orapin building also?

10. QA Hill says:

11. larry says:

Well it keeps happening and happening. The landlord has no BIG plans other than to make more money. Its like the dork that owned the property where madame K used to be in Ballard and where the rubber stamp place was and t-sirt store. They can get more from a restaurant which is just the way its going right now. progress. My random thought is if a place Twirl can make it up on QA hill than almost any place can. That place is just laughable but where else does Brad and Suzie take Connor and Holden?

12. larry says:

13. vanderleun says:

I agree that Twirl is for Twerps.

14. vanderleun says:

I agree that Twirl is for Twerps.

15. summer says:

Nooo, please don’t close Ototo!! I love your sushi and your service!

16. summer says:

Nooo, please don’t close Ototo!! I love your sushi and your service!