Submit your $10,000 ‘Build Your Block’ idea

Posted on February 15th, 2012 by Laura Fonda

There are just a few days left to submit your neighborhood enhancement project for Umpqua Bank’s “Build Your Block Challenge.” The bank will donate $10,000 and the volunteer power to make the winning project happen.

You can submit your idea by going to Umpqua’s Facebook page and clicking on the “Build Your Block” link. Submissions will be accepted through Friday, then the community will vote on the projects from March 12th through the end of the month. The winning project will be announced on April 2.

Past winning projects include the addition of community gardens, an eco-friendly kids play area, and outdoor building enhancements through the addition of a mural painted by local elementary students. (Disclosure: Umpqua Bank is a sponsor of Queen Anne View.)

0 responses to “Submit your $10,000 ‘Build Your Block’ idea”

1. the truth says:

I think the money should be used to find a better writer for the Queen Anne View.

2. the truth says:

3. Molly N says:

Off-Leash Dog Park!

4. Molly N says:

Off-Leash Dog Park!

5. JBL says:

Molly, you should submit that idea. Considering how many people I know and see walking dogs in the area, I bet they’d love an off-leash park!

6. JBL says:

7. Jemma says:

A dog park would be awesome!!!

8. Jemma says:

A dog park would be awesome!!!

9. The QA Chamber supports a project for new banners on the light poles up and down the hill that welcome people to Queen Anne. Please vote for Umpqua to select banners as a community project!

10. The QA Chamber supports a project for new banners on the light poles up and down the hill that welcome people to Queen Anne. Please vote for Umpqua to select banners as a community project!

11. QA Hill says:

The dog park would be a welcome addition! I like that a lot better than banners that honestly no one notices.

12. QA Hill says:

13. Matt the Engineer says:

$10k really isn’t enough to build much of a project. I suspect providing $10k worth of, say, free beer at restaurants on a weekday would do more to bring in customers than banners would.

14. Matt the Engineer says:

15. Andrew says:

I just submitted an idea to enhance (and make more safe for pedestrians) one of the main entry points into Queen Anne at the corner of 11th Ave West and Howe. Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/umpquabank?sk=app_138536059598928&app_data=idea%2F73

16. Andrew says:

17. 98119 says:

An off leash dog park for $10k! hahaha Awesome! City approval? Nah! Umpqua will take care of it!

18. 98119 says:

19. Just Me says:

Hey Tico, nice talk. Cut some slack here. Have patience folks. Things will improve.

20. Just Me says: