The annual Rock’n’Roll Marathon is this Saturday, June 18th, with a race start at the Seattle Center. That means early morning crowds at the Seattle Center and on surrounding streets. Plus, plenty of street closures to be aware of if you need to leave Queen Anne. Good news? The race ends at CenturyLink Field this year, not the Seattle Center.
SDOT advises drivers to stay off local roads early Saturday morning due to detours and associated delays. In addition to the crowds and detours on Lower Queen Anne/Uptown, all northbound lanes of 99 through downtown (the Viaduct) will be closed from 5am to 9:45am, along with several I5 and I90 on- and off-ramps.
Here are the details from SDOT, with a race map below:
SR 99 closure details
- Northbound SR 99 from South Hudson Street to Roy Street.
I-5 ramp closures
- The northbound and southbound I-5 off-ramps to South Dearborn Avenue.
- The South Dearborn Avenue on-ramps to northbound and southbound I-5.
I-90 ramp closures
- The eastbound and westbound I-90 off-ramps to Rainier Avenue South.
- The southbound Rainier Avenue South on-ramp to eastbound I-90.
I-90 express lanes closure details
- The I-90 express lanes will close at 3 a.m. The lanes will open westbound by 2:30 p.m.
A full list of road closures is provided in a tabular format here.