We’ve had readers asking about the signs that have gone up on 6th Ave W, notifying residents of a road closure this weekend between W Crockett St and W Howe St.
Per our SDOT contact, this portion of 6th Ave W will be closed to traffic between 7am and 5pm both Saturday, June 25th, and Sunday, June 26th.
Here’s the info you need to know, directly from SDOT:
SDOT advises travelers that crews will close 6th Ave West between W Crockett Street and W Howe Street for grinding and paving this weekend. This work is weather dependent.
From 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., on Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26, 6th Ave W will be closed from W Crockett St to W Howe St:
– 6th Ave W will be closed to thru traffic, only Metro buses will have thru access
– Bus stops on 6th Ave W at W Howe and at W Crockett will be closed during paving
– All crosswalks and sidewalks will remain open
– No Parking signs will be in place
– Detour signs will be in place for 6th Ave W
– Southbound travelers head west on W Crockett, south on 7th Ave W, east on W Blaine St, back to 6th Ave W.
– Northbound travelers head west on W Blaine St, north on 7th Ave W, east on W Crockett, back to 6th Ave W.
This project is part of SDOT’s 2016 Arterial Major Maintenance (AMM) program. The AMM program maintains our busiest streets by making strategic small scale investments at key locations on city streets.