Have you been wanting to see the awesome Star Trek exhibit at EMP? Or, be dazzled by the World of WearableArt exhibit? (both are fantastic, you can see my write-up here)
How about checking out past live performances on the big screen in the Sky Church? Or a tour of the Frank Gehry designed building? How about all of these plus puzzles, games, music, dance performances, and more for FREE?
That’s right, EMP is opening its doors this Saturday, November 19th, for a Pop Culture Party that runs from 10am to 5pm and it’s free! EMP encourages attendees to RSVP in advance on their Facebook page, but that’s it. Mark your calendars for Saturday and check out this list of planned activities that are all-ages friendly:
• Free admission to all EMP galleries, including Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds and World of WearableArt™
• Fandom Photo Hunt that will take you and your squad through the museum on a quest to up your selfie game and interact with some unexpected characters in immersive scenes inspired by Harry Potter, Star Trek, Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, and more
• Live music, DJ sets, and dance performances
• Pop culture games and activities including video gaming, Klingo (Star Trek-themed Bingo), and an epic coloring contest
• Screenings of past Sky Church performances by Joan Jett, Macklemore, De La Soul, Jimmy Page, and more
• Complimentary manicures from Julep, airbrush tattoos, and themed food and drink specials
• Architecture tours of our iconic Frank O. Gehry-designed building
• Museum Store deals: Funko Spock figure and Star Trek Craft Book bundle for only $5, and free exclusive Star Trek 50th Anniversary tote bag with any purchase of $10 or more.
Thanks in advance to EMP Museum for hosting this free fandom extravaganza! Join the celebration at EMP on Saturday, November 19th!