Holiday Arts + Crafts Open House Featuring Local Artists This Saturday
Looking for some holiday arts and crafts made by local artists? Check out the Holiday Arts + Crafts Open House at Red Square Yoga this Saturday – it’ll feature 10 local artists and vendors, as well as treats, wine, tea, and live music. In addition to shopping for unique handmade gifts, you can also enter to win a gift basket via a raffle with proceeds that benefit Gilda’s Club Seattle, a cancer relief charity.
- When: Saturday, December 8, 12:30-6:30pm
- Where: Red Square Yoga Studio, 1911 10th Ave W
- Note: Cash or checks only please
Participating artists, vendors, and entertainers include:
- Melissa Middlebrook: One of a kind jewelry
- Terri Lovins: Handknit scarves with beautiful glass beading
- Lisa Berkman: Cashmere quilts, scarves and accessories
- Lene Copeland: Luscious handmade soaps
- Ayako Gordon: Delicious organic jams
- Claire Anderson: ‘Sightless in Seattle’ a memoir
- Susan Hanover: Cashmere gloves and hand warmers
- Julie Whitehorn: Original photo cards
- Jenny Bartoy: Fabric art and handmade goods for the home
- Lynn Baker: Kids’ hats and butter fly shadow boxes
- Bridget Daly: Eye Can Arts – quality art kits to spark creative play
- John Hanske: Live acoustic guitar music
Check out the Spring Flea Market Saturday
The Queen Anne Community Center‘s Spring Flea Market is happening this Saturday, April 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A variety of vendors will be setting up booths in the community center lobby and gym for the event, which is free and open to all ages.
“There’s going to be a number of vendors out there–arts and crafts stuff, antiques, stuff from peoples’ houses,” said one community center employee. The Queen Anne Farmers Market will be at the flea market selling posters and totes for the upcoming 2010 season, which kicks off next month.
If you’re a fan of bargain shopping, stop by and check it out. If you’re a local vendor, or simply looking to get rid of a few things, consider getting a booth at the market. Booths costs $25 and the community center will provide up to two tables per vendor. For more information, stop by the Queen Anne Community Center, located at 1901 1st Ave W, or call (206)386-4240.