Anyone missing a pig?

Posted on February 22nd, 2012 by Laura Fonda

There’s a piggy wandering around Queen Anne.

Christina sent this note and picture:

I just saw this random pig snuffling around on the corner of Garfield St w. and 1st Ave W. No sign of an owner at about 1.10pm today. Seemed like a nice, friendly pig, certainly well fed!

0 responses to “Anyone missing a pig?”

1. Nick Hara says:

I walked by the owners once. They seemed nice. I guess they just let the pig wander.

2. Nick Hara says:

3. Isabella says:

The owners should be arrested and the pig shot. Homeowners in Queen Anne do not want this filthy animal wandering around spreading disease.

4. Isabella says:

5. Olden says:

Saw her at Toulouse last night for Mardi Gras…. Feather mask on wanting to dance and take pictures with everyone….

6. Olden says:

7. Priscilla says:

I think it was looking for A&J meats!

8. Priscilla says:

I think it was looking for A&J meats!

9. steve says:

Her name is Lady Bovine Bonita and she is two years old. I think she belongs to a contractor who is working close by. She probably made her way back.

In any case, the trolls are starting to ruin this site. Please moderate.

10. steve says:

In any case, the trolls are starting to ruin this site. Please moderate.

11. Ann says:

Must be a Free Range Pig

12. Ann says:

Must be a Free Range Pig

13. Pigs are Great! says:

Pigs are very smart animals!

Please don’t eat them!

Go VEGAN!!!

14. Pigs are Great! says:

Pigs are very smart animals!

Please don’t eat them!

Go VEGAN!!!

15. Ann says:

Seriously though, can we get some REAL news on this blog? Not interested in Pet of the Week or Rogue Pigs on the Loose.

16. Ann says:

17. Queen Annie says:

I actually thought the rogue pig story was kind of funny…better than hearing about shootings, disasters and the next store going out of business. Lighten up!

18. Queen Annie says:

19. Judy says:

Let’s hunt it down and have a neighborhood pig roast. Pigs taste good.

20. Judy says:

Let’s hunt it down and have a neighborhood pig roast. Pigs taste good.

21. Breanne says:

Thank you for this story. So adorable. The headline made me laugh and I love the small-town feel it lends to Queen Anne. I have met this pig.

I do not know why Ignorant Isabella thinks a pig would be any more “filthy and diseased” than the gazillion cats wandering the neighborhood. And I find a pig on the streets to be a delightful surprise.

Has she returned home??

22. Breanne says:

Has she returned home??

23. Drew says:

I encountered that sweet little pig a few days ago. the owner was nearby working. The owner was friendly, as was the pig. It’s sad that such a lovable creature can inspire such nasty and uneducated responses.

24. Drew says:

25. Jenn says:

I think this is a charming story and pigs are actually very nice animals. Ignorant Isabella is probably covered in cat hair, draws her lipstick on crooked and smells like musty old mothballs. Now that’s what QA home owners do not want wandering around our neighborhood! Yikes!

26. Jenn says:

27. Leonora says:

“Ignorant Isabella is probably covered in cat hair, draws her lipstick on crooked and smells like musty old mothballs.”

Grow some manners young lady.

28. Leonora says:

Grow some manners young lady.

29. MagnoliaVisitor says:

I recognise that Pig! The owner used to live in Magnolia until he stopped paying his mortgage and the bank eventually foreclosed. He wears a shark fin when he rides his jet ski around Elliott Bay, and used to post fliers in the village pub offering a reward for anyone who took a picture of him on it. He loves attention so I’m sure he doesn’t mind this publicity (although I will stop short of naming him!) Only in Seattle…

30. MagnoliaVisitor says:

31. Leonora says:

Even pigs hate Magnolia. It’s the people that live there.

32. Leonora says:

Even pigs hate Magnolia. It’s the people that live there.

33. Aviva says:

This is so funny and adorable. I hope the pig found his or her way home!

34. Aviva says:

This is so funny and adorable. I hope the pig found his or her way home!