Free ice cream on Monday

Posted on March 11th, 2012 by Laura Fonda

To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scouts, Molly Moon’s Ice Cream is giving away free kid-sized scoops of Scout Mint ice cream starting at noon on Monday. The scoops are available at all the locations, including the Queen Anne shop at 321 W. Galer.

Owner Molly Moon Neitzel is a former Girl Scout. “I learned so much as a Girl Scout,” Neitzel says. “I want girls everywhere to know that they can do anything they want to do with their lives, and that’s probably the biggest thing Girl Scouting taught me.”

In the last four years, Molly Moon’s has used more than 12,000 boxes of Thin Mint cookies from the Girl Scouts of Western Washington to make the top-selling ice cream. Neitzel is also sponsoring four Girl Scout camperships in 2012, sending two scouts from Washington and two scouts from her native Idaho to camp this coming summer.

0 responses to “Free ice cream on Monday”

1. Cindy says:

I do not think we need to make our Queen Anne girls even FATTER than they already are.

First cookies, now ice cream. Don’t the Girl Scouts feel any responsibility to teach healthy habits and good nutrition?

Shame on Molly Moon’s for exploiting our girls kids just to make money.

2. Cindy says:

Shame on Molly Moon’s for exploiting our girls kids just to make money.

3. QA Mom says:

Molly Moon ice cream is a ripoff and there are ice chunks in it.

4. QA Mom says:

Molly Moon ice cream is a ripoff and there are ice chunks in it.

5. Mike says:

Such happy pleasant people on this hill.

6. Mike says:

Such happy pleasant people on this hill.

7. QA Girl says:

Lol @ Mike’s comment. I think this is great, if you don’t like their ice cream -don’t go. I was never a Girl Scout but I wish I had been. The consumption of ice cream & cookies are okay in moderation and if your child gets exercise. Happy Monday QA!

8. QA Girl says:

9. Linda says:

Glad to know I am not the only one who does not like Molly Moons. I will need to go hide in an undisclosed location for saying so but guess what folks, it is really not very good!

10. Linda says:

11. Beverly says:

I’ve never liked Molly Moon ice cream either. Maybe after 100 years the Girl Scouts could “modernize” and sell something that is not loaded with transfat.

12. Beverly says:

13. Alex says:

I have nothing against the Girl Scouts their cookies or Ice Cream ….

But I can’t but help notice the incessant promotion of Molly Moon on Next Door Media’s blogs .

14. Alex says:

I have nothing against the Girl Scouts their cookies or Ice Cream ….

15. tico says:

Alex is accurate. This blog shamelessly promotes Molly Moon in abundance. Do an advanced search in Google within the last 18 months. They get referenced something like 45 times. No other business comes even close.

16. tico says:

17. afriye13 says:

@Beverly – they have. No more trans fats. Also no preservatives. I would personally like to see them go all natural, but doubt that will happen any time soon; one kind is right now.

18. afriye13 says:

19. Bryan says:

Molly Moon’s is a great neighbor and great neighborhood asset. With storefronts going vacant all along QA Avenue I’m delighted that our merchants invest in the community and come up with creative ways to promote themselves. After dinner at Via Tribunali with my family and out-of-town guests, we headed into MM’s and spent about $20 plus got one free Scout Mint. Worked for everyone – what’s the problem? Thanks, Molly and team.

20. Bryan says:

21. Queen Annie says:

They’re giving away free ice cream. A nice gesture. Why can’t folks leave it at that?

22. Queen Annie says:

23. Lower QA says:

I don’t think it is a great neighborhood asset. I think it is bad overpriced ice cream and I am sick and tired of hearing about it.

24. Lower QA says:

25. Rob says:

The Obese Strike Back!

26. Rob says:

The Obese Strike Back!

27. John says:

How can anyone hate any ice cream?
    Molly Moon tastes better than most ice cream shops I’ve been to and the store is unique and they are good neighbors. My assumption is they get free press because they give free ice cream away and are unique. Why do people on this blog like to criticizes every small local business on the hill? You really need to go talk to someone if you have to criticize ice-cream shops. bookstores, and puppy dogs.

28. John says:

How can anyone hate any ice cream?

29. tico says:

“How can anyone hate any ice cream?”

Umm, ever hear the term “lactose intolerance”?

30. tico says:

“How can anyone hate any ice cream?”

Umm, ever hear the term “lactose intolerance”?