Add more trees to Queen Anne! Seattle reLeaf free tree program opens Monday
Posted on August 3rd, 2014 by Laura Fonda
It’s that time of year, Seattle reLeaf is kicking off its free trees program! As some of us dodge from one side of the street to another as we seek shade on daily summer walks or runs, the idea of more trees is nothing but goodness.
The application process for the Trees for Neighborhoods program opens at 10am tomorrow, Monday, August 4th. Seattle households can receive up to four free trees via the program.
The program has been operating since 2009, planting more than 4,000 trees in yards and along streets. You can check out this year’s available trees online.
Trees for Neighborhoods participants receive:
- Free trees (up to 4 per household) – includes a variety of small, medium, and large trees appropriate under power lines, along the street, and in the yard.
- A watering bag for each tree
- Training on proper planting and care
- Assistance applying for street tree planting permits
- Ongoing care reminders and workshop opportunities, such as pruning
If you’re interested in adding trees to your yard or parking strip, mark your calendar for tomorrow at 10am for the best selection of free trees!