Interested in modern architecture on Queen Anne? If so, this is the event for you. The Queen Anne Historical Society is hosting a Modern Tour on Saturday June 20th from noon-3pm. You can admire local Queen Anne buildings and residential buildings from the outside, and learn about each stop on the tour from architects and QAHS members.
The Modern Tour includes two municipal projects, two live work buildings, and two private residences. The architects who designed the more recent projects will discuss their program goals and how their work fits into Modernism.
The tour starts at the Queen Anne Pool (1920 1st Ave W) and ends with a reception at Tin Lizzie in the MarQueen hotel with free appetizers.
You can purchase tickets to the tour online – tickets are $20 for QAHS member, $25 for non-members. Here are the stops on the tour, along with the presenters who’ll give you the scoop on each structure:
- 12pm: Queen Anne Pool, 1920 1st Ave W – Jeff Murdock
- 12:20pm: Johnson Residence, 719 W Lee St – Andrew Borges
- 12:50pm: Desai Residence, 1121 Bigelow Ave – Andrew van Leeuwen
- 1:15pm: The Block, 1709 Dexter Ave N – Matthew Stannard
- 1:35 pm: Eyeballs Eyewear, 166 Roy St – Lane Williams
- 1:55pm: Power Control Center, 157 Roy St – Michael Herschensohn, President of QAHS
- 2:30pm: Tin Lizzie Lounge, Cash Bar Reception – free appetizers for all and signature cocktail for QAHS members
All are welcome to attend and learn about the modern side of Queen Anne. For more information or to become a Queen Anne Historical Society member, visit the QAHS website.