It’s tax season & free tax preparation is available at the Queen Anne Library
Posted on February 1st, 2017 by Laura Fonda
It’s that time of year, tax documents are starting to arrive and April 15th will be here sooner than you know it!
If you need tax help or full-on tax preparation, the Seattle Public Library has partnered with United Way of King County and AARP to offer free tax preparation services from now through mid-April at SPL branches, including our own Queen Anne Library.
Trained volunteers will be at the Queen Anne Library every Wednesday and Saturday from noon-4pm to answer questions and help prepare personal tax returns. Note: he service is not available for business tax returns.
Appointments are not required, assistance is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Here’s what you need to bring to the library:
- Social Security cards for everyone listed on the tax return (photocopies are not accepted)
- Government issued photo ID (required)
- Income tax forms such as W-2s, 1099s, SSA-1099s, etc.
- Health care coverage information for each person on the return
- Health coverage forms, if applicable (1095-A,B,C)
- Tuition statements, if applicable (1098s)
- Check with bank account and routing numbers, for direct deposit of refund, if applicable
- Copy of your last tax return is recommended
Note: due to federal budget cuts the IRS is unable to provide the Library with certain tax forms and instruction booklets. You can find most IRS forms online at www.irs.gov.